Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park
Located in Mount Pleasant, Charleston County, SC.
444 Needlerush Parkway
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
843-884-0832 or 843-795-4386
Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park web site
Palmetto Islands County Park is a wonderful nature-oriented park built in a tropical setting along Mount Pleasant's wetlands and waterways. There are numerous paved bicycle paths, boardwalks, and picnic sites with grills located throughout the park for your enjoyment.
Features and Facilities
Hours of Operation
- January to February, 8:00a-5:00p
- March to April, 8:00a-sunset
- May to Labor Day, 8:00a-8:00p
- September to October, 8:00a-sunset
- November to December, 8:00a-5:00p
- The park is closed for routine maintenance every Wednesday morning from 7:00a-10:00a.
- Early morning hours are set aside for individual use only. Boat and bike rentals open at 10:00a.
- The gate closes to incoming traffic one-half hour before park closes.
Admission or Parking Fee
- Small children (ages 0 - 2), Free
- Youth and Adults, $1.00
- Park facilities are available for conferences, parties, retreats, reunions, etc. Click here for details.
How to Get There
Take I-526 to the Long Point Road exit in Mount Pleasant, SC and go east on Long Point Road (#97) 2.9 kilometers (1.8 miles). Turn left onto the Needlerush Parkway, and follow this road into the park.
Latitude 32.8618, Longitude -79.8286
View Larger Map