Located in Georgetown County, SC.
494 Hopsewee Road
Georgetown, SC 29440
Official web site for Hopsewee Plantation
Located right on US #17 at the North Santee River, this old house is a typical lowcountry rice plantation dwelling. Hopsewee is a National Historic Landmark, and it is a preservation rather than restoration, as it has never been allowed to fall into decay. Only a few families have owned it, and it is very much the same as it was when first built.
Click here to get more detailed historical information about this plantation.
Features and Facilities
Hours of Operation
- January, open by appointment only
- February to November:
- Sunday - Monday, closed
- Tuesday - Friday, 10:00a-4:00p
- Saturday, 12:00n-4:00p
- December, open by appointment only
Admission or Parking Fee
- Youth (ages 5 - 17), $7.50
- Adults (ages 18 +), $17.50
- Grounds only, $7.50
- The banquet hall and the cottage living room may be rented out for private functions. Call 843-546-7891 for more information, or email "email@example.com".
How to Get There
Latitude 33.212, Longitude -79.385 [PK412]
View Larger Map