Santee State Park
Located in Santee, Orangeburg County, SC.
251 State Park Road
Santee, SC 29142
Santee State Park web site
Santee State Park is a popular recreation area along the south shore of Lake Marion, just outside of the town of Santee. Access is easy from Interstate 95, and a wide variety of activities are available.
Numerous hiking and bicycling trails run through the woods, allowing you to explore the park's natural features. One of these trails, for example, takes you to several sinkholes that have formed over the years with some signs explaining the process of sinkhole formation. Other trails offer some great views of the man-made lake.
Fishing is very popular here also, with several piers available. Two boat ramps provide access to Lake Marion for private boats. The park store, located on the main pier, offers snacks, drinks, and fishing supplies.
The Palmetto Trail runs near this state park, but does not pass through it.
If you are staying overnight, you have a choice of accommodations. Two campgrounds are available for tents and RVs, both of which overlook the lake. The park also offers a group of cabins which are sometimes known as the "roundhouses". Some of these popular cabins are actually located on a pier over the lake. Alternatively, the town of Santee has a number of full-service motels. Click here for information about them.
Features and Facilities
- Yes, but not in the cabin area.
Hours of Operation
Admission or Parking Fee
- Children and Youth (ages 0 - 15), Free
- Adults, $2.00
- South Carolina senior citizens, $1.25
- 158 campsites are available at two campgrounds with many accommodating RVs up to 40', click here for fee information and details
- Vacation cabins are available to rent, click here for fee information and details
- A rental meeting building is available for groups of up to 75 people. Click here for information. Picnic shelters may also be rented for family or other group gatherings.
How to Get There
Latitude 33.55093, Longitude -80.501 [PK169]
View Larger Map