White Point Gardens and the Battery
Located in Charleston, Charleston County, SC.
Located in the heart of Charleston's historic district, this prominent landmark provides a spectacular view of Charleston Harbor, where the Ashley and Cooper rivers empty into the Atlantic Ocean. It was first used as a public garden in 1837. With the outbreak of the Civil War, it became a fortification for the city. Today, you will also find an impressive display of historic weaponry used to shell and defend the city. Also, there are a number of sculptures and monuments, plus a restored bandstand.
Note that there are no public restrooms here or in the vicinity.
Features and Facilities
Hours of Operation
Admission or Parking Fee
- To reserve this park for a wedding or other event, contact the City of Charleston Recreation Department at 843-724-7327.
How to Get There
Located in downtown Charleston on the block bounded by King Street, South Battery Street, East Battery, and Murray Blvd.
Latitude 32.7699, Longitude -79.9304
View Larger Map