Riverbanks Zoo, Botanical Garden, and Picnic area
Located in Columbia, Lexington and Richland counties, SC.
500 Wildlife Parkway
Columbia, SC 29210-8093
Official web site for the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
Columbia is fortunate to have an outstanding zoo on the banks of the Saluda River. Riverbanks is home for more than 2000 animals in surroundings that duplicate their natural environments as closely as possible. From the back side of the zoo, a bridge leads across the Saluda River to the Riverbanks Botanical Garden and a series of nature trails. Outside the zoo is a picnic area which provides access to the Saluda River. There are also several walking trails along the river. Since this is such a popular place, it can get crowded and noisy on summer weekends.
Features and Facilities
Hours of Operation
- January 01 to April 01, 9:00a-5:00p
- March 29 – September 29:
- Monday - Friday, 9:00a-5:00p
- Saturday - Sunday, 9:00a-6:00p
- October 10 to December 31, 9:00a-5:00p
Closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Special closings may also be announced.
Admission or Parking Fee
- Children (ages 0 - 2), Free
- Youth (ages 3 - 12), $9.25
- Adults (ages 13 - 61), $11.75
- Senior citizens (ages 62 + ), $10.75
- Facilities at the zoo may be rented out for weddings, corporate events, and birthdays. Click here for information about weddings and receptions. For information about corporate events, call 803-779-8717 x1254 or email email@example.com. Click here for birthday party ideas.
How to Get There
Latitude 34.01, Longitude -81.07555
View Larger Map